PARTISANS is a young and diverse studio comprised of architects, artists, storytellers, entrepreneurs, and cultural enthusiasts devoted to a cause: smart, high-impact architecture combined with deft programming that subverts expectations and creates meaningful built experiences. We espouse democracy and debate, transparency and resourcefulness, collaboration and rigour. Our culture is horizontal, enthusiastic, and participatory.
We are looking for a proactive, enthusiastic, and resourceful team player who is forward thinking, highly organized, and technologically savvy. The Studio Manager will play a pivotal role in overseeing the studio’s day-to-day operations. S/he will be responsible for providing administrative support; managing and implementing office procedures and systems; helping with the design and packaging of marketing-related assets; creating and maintaining a positive studio environment; and ensuring high levels of organizational effectiveness, communication, and safety. S/he should demonstrate drive, curiosity, and a good sense of humour and be comfortable working in a 21st-century studio culture, i.e., an ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Superlative written and oral communication skills;
- Outstanding organization and planning skills;
- Excellent time management skills, i.e., ability to multi-task and work under pressure to meet deadlines;
- Detail-oriented with strong problem solving skills;
- An appreciation for design and ability to help prepare marketing-related assets;
- Affability and comfort liaising with clients and collaborators;
- Creative and critical mind with the ability to anticipate needs and suggest improvements;
- Overall positivity, enthusiasm, and resourcefulness.
- Managing overall operations, procedures, and administration of the studio;
- Being the point person for duties that includes: maintenance, coordination, and delegation;
- Implementing and maintaining office systems;
- Scheduling meetings and coordinating travel arrangements;
- Records management, i.e., maintaining and updating multiple databases;
- Supply management, i.e., ordering office supplies and equipment, as needed;
- Accounting, i.e., issuing and managing invoices as well as tracking expenses, accounts receivables, and accounts payables;
- Assisting with marketing-related materials, such as RFPs, design packages, web content, award submissions, and social media;
- Organizing in-house and off-site events;
- Other related duties will be assigned as required.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Proven experience as an office manager or administrative assistant;
- Completion of a Bachelor's degree from a recognized institution;
- Knowledge of office administrative responsibilities, systems, and procedures;
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite required;
- Knowledge of FreshBooks Cloud Based Accounting Software a plus;
- Previous experience working in an architecture or design firm ideal.
Interested candidates should submit their résumé and a short letter of interest that addresses the following: 1) why you are interested in assuming the role of Studio Manager at PARTISANS; 2) what makes you qualified for the position; and 3) what unique contributions you can make to the PARTISANS team. Please send your materials to email@example.com with “Studio Manager Position” as the subject line.